This is an analysis of the poem Cantos Nuevos that begins with:
Dice la tarde: '¡Tengo sed de sombra!'
Dice la luna: '¡Yo, sed de luceros!'...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101010 1110110100 1111000110 1100110 110100101010 1010010 1101110 1110010 11001011000 0110010 11001101000 1101110 110101011000 1001000 100010010100 1100010 10111011 0101100 10100010010 1001100 10110110011110 11100110 11101111100 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ', la, de, y, sin, al are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words dice, y are repeated.
The author used the same words un, cantar at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cantos Nuevos;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.