This is an analysis of the poem Little Viennese Waltz that begins with:
In Vienna there are ten little girls,
a shoulder for death to cry on,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXcX De efd gXXc De adXgXa Da hdfbgi De gXieaaeha
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,2,3,4,2,6,2,6,2,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010111101 01011011 10100110 100100011 000100101 100101011 1111 10111 101101101 001011010 1101001 111111111 001110101 10101011 00101010 1111 1010101 001011110 011110101 10011010 111011 1110101 1111001 1111 10111011 0111111111 001010101 101010100 101010101 101110001 101100110 1111 10110111101 001010101 00010 0101 110100111 101110111 1100101110 100110111 111110101 0011101010
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ay, little, waltz, love, i, you, of, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, there are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines waltz is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Little Viennese Waltz;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.