This is an analysis of the poem Gacela Of Unforseen Love that begins with:
No one understood the perfume
of the dark magnolia of your womb....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabc XbXd XedX Xecc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11101001 001010011 111111110 0101010111 010101010101 0010010110 1111101 11100001 011011011 101101 11011011 010010111000 100010001001100 11001011 11011011 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, my, your are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase siempre connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gacela Of Unforseen Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.