This is an analysis of the poem Ditty Of First Desire that begins with:
In the green morning
I wanted to be a heart....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abB acC cDcE aXB dXCXcDcE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,4,3,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00110 1100001 01 100110 110000100 0100 1 11010 1 101001 001010 1100011 01 110101 1100011 0100 1 11010 1 101001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 59
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 17 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ditty Of First Desire;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Federico García Lorca
- Analysis of Las Seis Cuerdas
- Analysis of Arbolé, Arbolé
- Analysis of Lament For Ignacio Sánchez Mejías