This is an analysis of the poem The Gypsy And The Wind that begins with:
Playing her parchment moon
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcdabbcdbefeba ABbXbbbX egbX affh bXhg XgXbbb Xcbb bdag Xiai dfXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,8,4,4,4,6,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101 1001 01010010101101 0101010 0010101 1101111 01101001 1010101 0100110 1101110 0010100 1100010 111001 1010011 1100101 100101 1001 0110110 0111010 1011001 1001111 0100101 11010011 1011111 110111 10011010 011011 10010101 1101010 10101010 00101101 011011 1010111 010101 10101001 1001100 1011011 1001100 111111 0100111 01111001 100101 1101011 010111 1010101 0110101 1100110 111101 11011011 01001010 010101 1010101 1100111 1111010 001010 01100010 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same words playing, precosia at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Gypsy And The Wind;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Federico García Lorca
- Analysis of Debussy [with English Translation]
- Analysis of Nocturnos De La Ventana
- Analysis of Muerte De AntoÑIto El Camborio