This is an analysis of the poem Of Jacopo Del Sellaio that begins with:
This man knew out the secret ways of love,
No man could paint such things who did not know....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111010101 1111111011 1111110100 1111110101 1101110111 0100110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; who is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word me at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Of Jacopo Del Sellaio;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.