This is an analysis of the poem Waar Tebes In Die Stil Woestyn that begins with:
Daar sou ek vrede weer besef
Waar Tebes in die stil woestyn...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,8,6,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 11001110 11010110 11001110 111111 1101101 1111100 11101111 11011100 1000111 11011100 11000101 11010111 11010110 1011110 11011110 1111111 111001 1111110 1100101 111111010 11101010 11001111 111111 1111110 11110011 11110110 1101110 11011101 01010111 1111111 11011100 1101111 1100100111 11011110 1111110 11001110 11010110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die is repeated.
The author used the same word waar at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Waar Tebes In Die Stil Woestyn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.