This is an analysis of the poem Winternag that begins with:
O koud is die windjie...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100 11011 11 110111 11 1111101110 01101011 11011 10011 011011 1101 11011 1110111 111111 01110 0110111 111011 110101 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; en, die are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words en, in are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Winternag;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.