This is an analysis of the poem To Mother Venus that begins with:
O mother Venus, quit, I pray,
Your violent assailing!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcb defeae XghgiX XXfchX aiciXi XXfgdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 1100010 011011011 1111010 11110101 11110110 11011111 1111010 01110101 0111110 11011111 1101110 11110101 1001110 11010101 0101010 11111111 11000 11110101 0010100 11110101 0111010 11011001 1101010 11111111 0101110 11110111 1111010 11110101 1111111 11110011 110100 11110101 0101110 11110101 0111110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Mother Venus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.