This is an analysis of the poem To Quintus Dellius that begins with:
Be tranquil, Dellius, I pray;
For though you pine your life away... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabab Ccdcd ccece ffgfg cchCh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011 11111101 010101 11011111 111101 10110101 010010110 101101 10110111 110001 11111101 11110101 110101 11110111 110111 11011111 01010011 110101 11110101 01011 1111101 11111111 010101 10110101 1100001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Quintus Dellius;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.