This is an analysis of the poem To Ligurinus that begins with:
O Cruel fair,
Whose flowing hair... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccbXX ddeffeXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101 1101 010101010 1101 0011 0111101010 111111110 010101110 1101 1011 111111010 1001 1101 111101010 111111010 010111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 223
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Ligurinus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.