This is an analysis of the poem The Shut-Eye Train that begins with:
Come, my little one, with me!
There are wondrous sights to see... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabCCCXXbX ccdcaaeedC ffacaaggaC eeechhddec ffaCCCXXaC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 1110101 1010111 0110111 101 0111 100100101 101001010 1110101 100111110 1011101 1010111 1011101 1010111 101 0101 10111111 11101011 10010101 1011111 1010111 1010101 1111101 1010101 111 1110 00101011 00101111 1110111 1011111 1110101 1010111 1111111 1010111 101 0101 101010010 11101010 1010101 0010111 1011111 1011101 1010101 0110111 101 0111 100100101 101001010 1011111 1011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 291
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines there, us are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word town at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Shut-Eye Train;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.