This is an analysis of the poem Little Miss Brag that begins with:
Little Miss Brag has much to say
To the rich little lady from over the way... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAbbccddXX aaeeffggXX hhiijjjjXX aAffkkccXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111101 001101001001 10110101101 1111011101 110111101 1101100101 110111111 10100000101 100 100 01101001001 110010101 11100100111 111101101 1010011111 011111011 0101010101 111110101 100 100 0110101101 01010111 110101101 0101100001 1010101101 101110101 11010101 01110101 100 100 110111101 001101001001 11111001 10010111 10011111 0010011101 10010101 111011101 100 100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 343
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; little, or, and are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word oho at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Little Miss Brag;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.