This is an analysis of the poem The Ride To Bumpville that begins with:
Play that my knee was a calico mare
Saddled and bridled for Bumpville;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbbbX cXcXdddX XXbXeeeX XXXXffXX gXgXXbbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101011 10110110 1001001011 11001010 11101011011 101011001001 11001011001 111001010 0101111011 11011010 11011111001 001001010 10101001001 01001101001 11001001001 11011010 1100110101100 11010110 11011111001 1011010 001111101001 1101110101 11001101011 10110010 01000101000 1001010 01001111101 11111010 01000101011 111001111001 101011011000 1101010 0110101101 10010010 111101001001 11001010 11111010111 01011101011 1100101011 11111010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 327
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, she, it's are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word bumpville at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ride To Bumpville;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.