This is an analysis of the poem Chicago Weather that begins with:
To-day, fair Thisbe, winsome girl!
Strays o'er the meads where daisies blow, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcbcdedefefe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111101 110011101 11010101 100010101 0101001 010010001 11010101 11010101 01110101 11110001 01010101 01010101 11000101 11010101 11010001 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 603
- Average number of words per stanza: 97
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Chicago Weather;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.