This is an analysis of the poem The Fly-Away Horse that begins with:
Oh, a wonderful horse is the Fly-Away Horse -
Perhaps you have seen him before;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc bcXXdddXddc adeddfcfddgddg ecfchbhbdXeiie cjdjbbabdXffff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,11,14,14,14,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001001011 01111101 0111101111 101111101 101011101101 101011001 101101101001 01101101 01001 111001 1101010010 101001 111001 001011101 001011001011 101011001 101111101011 101011111 11001101101 101111001 111011101101 01111001 10110011 111001 001001001 101001 111110 001001001 101011111011 11011011 1101111011 11101111 10100111010 01011001 11001001001 101001001 01011 1011110 111001001 101011 001011 110001001 11001111101 111111001 001001111101 101011111 11111111111 011001101 101011101011 001101001 11001 00101010 111011001 11011 11001 111101011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 409
- Average number of words per stanza: 77
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, and, away, over, to, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words perhaps, over, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fly-Away Horse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.