This is an analysis of the poem Picnic-Time that begins with:
It's June ag'in, an' in my soul I feel the fillin' joy
That's sure to come this time o' year to every little boy;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXccbX ddbXeebX aaffaabX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101011110101 110101110100101 110010111111101 1101001011101010 110111001010111 11011111110101 01101001110001 11000011101001 11110010110101 1101110110000001 111100100110111 10101011101000 11110101010011 101010101110101 11010100011011 11110111101001 11010100110111 11100101110111 110100100001110 010101010100101 11010011000110010 1100110010101 110101010101 11001011101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 470
- Average number of words per stanza: 87
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, an', of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word where is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word jine at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Picnic-Time;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.