This is an analysis of the poem My Garden that begins with:
My garden aboundeth in pleasant nooks
And fragrance is over it all;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaB cdcd beXe fgXg bhbh Xhfh idid hfhfXabaB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1101000101 11001001 1100101111 01100101 100101101 1101101 10100111001 10100111 1100100111 1000101 010101100 00100101 10110101001 1101001 1010100100 1100101 0100101001 1010101 110111111 0101101 110100111 111101 110110101 010111 1010110101 1010101 1010010101 110111 101010101 1110101 1010010100 100101 110101101 0101111 1100101111 01100101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, are are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Garden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.