This is an analysis of the poem Sailor And Shade that begins with:
You, who have compassed land and sea,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabacdeddfXfafcghghg g hiiieagaajbjdaga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,20,1,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10 111100111 111001 11110101 110101 010010111 1010101 111101001 111101 010010101 010101 11111110 110101 01111101 111001 01110101 111111 11011101 110101 100111111 010001 1 010101001 1011101 11111111 110101 11110101 110110 101011111 1100101 01110111 110011 11011111 1101001 11100101 110111 01111111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 279
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sailor And Shade;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.