This is an analysis of the poem Dead Roses that begins with:
He placed a rose in my nut-brown hair--
A deep red rose with a fragrant heart... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaX aaaa bccb bddb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101111 011100101 11110101 1101101 011100101 011101111 010101001111 01101001 010111011 110010101 011101001 10100101 0100100101 10011111 11111111 101011001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words his, and are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines fled is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dead Roses;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.