This is an analysis of the poem Abu Midjan that begins with:
When Father Time swings round his scythe,
Entomb me 'neath the bounteous vine,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb acaX XXbd cXcX eded
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011101 01110101 11010111 11110101 1000011101 11010100 11111101 111101010 11010100 10010110 11010101 01011101 11110111 0100111001 101010111 01111010 11010101 01010111 11010101 10110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Abu Midjan;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.