This is an analysis of the poem Poets Forgotten that begins with:
POETS forgotten! Unknown poets! Ye
Beyond the reach of glory! Still I must...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bccb dada X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001001101 0101010111 11010101001 1111110001 1101011111 1001100111 1101111100 0101010001 1101000100 1101000101 1101101111 1111100111 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, o are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poets Forgotten;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.