This is an analysis of the poem Bruges that begins with:
O THING of Spain in Flanders left behind,
O idle Delta severed from the sea,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXa abba ccd ede X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1101010101 1101010001 1100010100 1001111101 01010011001 1100010101 0111110101 01010101001 11111100101 1101010001 01100010001 1101111010 10011010001 01110101110 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 120
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bruges;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.