This is an analysis of the poem The Chord that begins with:
Courageous lair "might prevail"
Waking up to her your "yellow coal"...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX X Xa Xb c c XX bX cb XX aX X X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,1,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010110100 10100110010 1001 1100010 00101 10100 01010101101 1111 11 10110 11 01001010011 1010 010001000110 11001 0101 100101100010110 01000101010 101001000101 11 01100 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 38
- Average number of words per stanza: 6
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; wing is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Chord;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.