This is an analysis of the poem Youth And Death that begins with:
What hast thou done to this dear friend of mine,
Thou cold, white, silent Stranger? From my hand... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111001101 1111010011 0111010101 1111011101 1111110101 0111011111 1111011111 11011101010 1101110101 11001100001110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 469
- Average number of words per stanza: 85
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Youth And Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.