This is an analysis of the poem The Supreme Sacrifice that begins with:
Well-nigh two thousand years hath Israel
Suffered the scorn of man for love of God; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacbcbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111100110 1001011101 0101010101 00110100111 0111010111 1011010011 1011010101 1001010101 0111101111 110110000010 0101010101 01010100010 1001010110 1011111000100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 615
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Supreme Sacrifice;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.