This is an analysis of the poem To R.W.E. that begins with:
As when a father dies, his children draw
About the empty hearth, their loss to cheat ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXabbacdcdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101010101 0101011101 01011101 0101010101 0101000101 1101111101 1111011111 1011010011 1111011101 01111101001 101010111 11110111101 1111000101 0101011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 619
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To R.W.E.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emma Lazarus
- Analysis of Venus Of The Louvre
- Analysis of St Michael's Chapel
- Analysis of The Crowing Of The Red Cock