This is an analysis of the poem The New Year that begins with:
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abacbc XdeddX fgfcgc dcdhch didjij fafeae dedaeaXbbbjbj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,6,6,6,6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11001 1101111101 1101010101 11011101001 0111010101 0101010101 101101 1101000110 00110001001 01001010101 1101011111 10100010111 010010 110010011 1011110111 0101011111 0111010111 1101011111 010101 1101110101 0101010111 1101111011 1101000101 1001010101 101111 10101010111 1001101101 01101001111 11011110101 1100011101 100111 10111101101 1001110101 110011100111 10010101001 1011000101 110101 0101010111 1101000101 1101001011 1101010101 11011010101 110101 1001010101 10011001010 0101010111 0111111111 11001100101 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 230
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, to, ye are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word one is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The New Year;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.