This is an analysis of the poem The Valley Of Baca that begins with:
A brackish lake is there with bitter pools... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aaaXbb acacdd aeafdX aeafdd eafagg ahahii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11 0101010101 1001011101 0101010101 1001110100 1101100101 1101010101 1101111101 0111000101 0111110100 0101110111 0101111001 0100010001 1111111111 1101011111 1101101101 10011000100 0101111101 0101110110 1111001111 1101010101 0111010101 1000110100 1001110111 1001100101 1111011111 0100010001 1111110100 0111100101 1101111101 0100011101 1111011101 1001111100 0111011111 01110111001 11110010111 0111010111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 228
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words his, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Valley Of Baca;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.