This is an analysis of the poem The Banner Of The Jew that begins with:
Wake, Israel, wake! Recall to-day
The glorious Maccabean rage,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dedeff gcgcaX hihijj ikfXhh Xkgkjj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 010010101 010010101 01110100 010010101 0100100101 01010111 010010101 111110001 01010101 10010101 01010111 10010111 01010111 01010111 11010001 110111001 11010100 110100101 0101010010 01010111 110001010 11110101 01010111 111111010 11010101 01011101 11010110 11110101 01010001 010111100 11111101 01010101 1011110111 11010101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, to are repeated.
The author used the same word oh at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Banner Of The Jew;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.