This is an analysis of the poem Magnetism that begins with:
By the impulse of my will,
By the red flame in my blood,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBaBcdcdefefghghijijkkkklhhhlblbijXXaBaBjljl
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 44,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001010 1011011 11100101 1010011 11010010 10101001 10111010 1010111 1011101 1111111 1011101 1110101 1111111 0110111 10101001 1011101 11101101 1111100 0111101 1110101 1111101 10111001 1110111 1010111 1011001 11100001 1110111 0110101 1110101 1010101 1110001 1110111 1111111 1010111 11100101 1110100 1110010 1011011 11100101 1010011 1110111 1101011 1010111 1111001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1328
- Average number of words per stanza: 263
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; by, my, i, and, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words by, my, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines eyes is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Magnetism;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.