This is an analysis of the poem Mater Amabilis that begins with:
Down the goldenest of streams,
Tide of dreams,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccb ddeaae fXfddf aaagga hhcddc ffijji kkkddk ggfaaf ccaXkX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010001 101 0110111 10100101 011 10101110111 1010101 001 1010101 1010101 001 10101110101 10110010 1100 10110101 1010001 101 00101010101 1111101 110 1010101 10010111 111 101111101111 1111101 101 1010101 1010101 101 11101010101 1111111 111 1000101 10111010 1010 01101011101 0010111 101 1110111 1100101 101 101001010101 1110101 101 0010101 101101 011 11101110111 1010001 111 1111111 11111100 101 111001110101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word shall is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mater Amabilis;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.