This is an analysis of the poem Lohengrin: Proem that begins with:
THE alert and valiant faith that could respond,
Upon life's threshold, to the highest call,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXcd eceddXX fefeeff aeXeebb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 00111011101 0111100101 0100011101 1001110001 11010101000 1101001110 0101110100 0101110111 1101011111 0101010101 0101010100 0101010100 0101011101 0101000011 1111110111 0100110111 1101110101 0100001101 01100010101 1001011111 0101010101 1101000111 1101001101 110101100 0101011101 1001000101 0111110111 0101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 285
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the, no are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Lohengrin: Proem;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.