This is an analysis of the poem Exultation that begins with:
BEHOLD, I walked abroad at early morning,
The fields of June were bathed in dew and lustre,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX cde cdb cca afg Xdg ddf gdg ceX ahXXhdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110111010 01010101110 01010110010 0100001010 01010010010 01010101011 010100010011 11010101010 1110000101010 11110101011 10110101010 11010101010 10111100010 110011101010 010101101010 11110111001 010010101010 010101001010 11010111011 11010101010 10111101010 11010101110 01010111010 10100101010 11011111010 01010100010 11010101011 11111101010 10110001010 10111111100 01001101010 11010000110 01010110010
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Exultation;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.