This is an analysis of the poem In A Swedish Graveyard that begins with:
After wearisome toil and much sorrow,
How quietly sleep they at last,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbcb dedefgfg XgXghihi fjfjcbcb bkbkhghg lblbdbdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010011110 11001111 1010110010 11001001 1110110110 111111011 111010010 011111011 1110111010 111111111 1111011010 111001101 1110110110 111001001 0011011010 01101101 0101101110 11011101 1010111110 001101011 1110111111 11011101 1111111111 1111001011 111000110 01111101 0110111010 111111111 0110011010 01101101 1011110010 101001011 1010111110 111101101 1011011110 101001001 0010011010 01101001 1011110110 001011001 0010010110 100101101 1011011110 101101001 110011010 001111001 1111111110 101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 322
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, all, his, and, same, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words shall, do, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In A Swedish Graveyard;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.