This is an analysis of the poem The Day Of Dead Soldiers that begins with:
WELCOME, thou gray and fragrant Sabbath-day,
To deathless love and valor dedicate!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaXb cacaccd eXefeef fgfgffg aeXedae Xgfgffg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011110101 0101110101 10000101001 01010100111 0101011111 1101001111 0101010111 1111010101 0011010101 0101010101 1101010101 1101010101 1101010101 0101010100 0111011111 11111001100 01001010101 01001010001 1101110001 1101010111 1001010101 0101010101 01001100110 11011100101 1001001001010 1111010001 10101011011 10010101010 11110010111 11001100101 11010110000 1011010101 1011010100 0110010111 1011010101 0111001100 1101010100 10110011111 1111010101 1101010101 1111110111 1101010100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 303
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words with, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Day Of Dead Soldiers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.