This is an analysis of the poem Agamemnon’s Tomb that begins with:
Uplift the ponderous, golden mask of death,
And let the sun shine on him as it did... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbbcbbc dedeffghhg ieieddhddh ddddcXgccg bbbbddejje
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010010101 1101111100 1101001001 0101010001 0101010111 01100110111 0101110001 10110100111 0101010111 10010100101 1101111101 1011011101 1101001101 1101010101 0101111111 011011101 01010010111 1111010111 0101010111 1111110111 1101010101 0101010101 0101010101 0111010101 11110100101 10001010100 0101000101 1111010111 0111000111 1001010001 1111100101 1111010100 0101010111 1011111101 01001011111 1111011100 11110101001 11011010101 1001010111 1001010101 1111010111 1111000101 0101010101 1001011101 11010101110 11111100101 1101010111 1011100101 11001010101 0101000101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 436
- Average number of words per stanza: 77
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, the are repeated.
The author used the same word we at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Agamemnon’s Tomb;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.