This is an analysis of the poem In Exile that begins with:
Twilight is here, soft breezes bow the grass,
Day's sounds of various toil break slowly off,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abababcc dededefa gdgdgdhh hhhhhhii jgjgjghh khkhkhff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101110101 11010011101 0111010101 1011000111 1001001101 0101100101 1101011101 0111000111 1001010101 1001010111 0101110111 1011110101 1110110001 11010100111 1001010101 1111010101 0101110101 11110101101 01000011101 1111010101 0101010001 0111010001 1101011111 1101001001 110110001011 1001110101 11010011101 0111001101 1101010101 0101010101 01011110111 11010101001 1001011101 0101010101 0110000101 1001010101 0101011011 10101110001 1001001101 11010010101 1101010111 11011101101 1101000101 0111010001 0101011101 0111010011 1001110111 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 359
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Exile;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.