This is an analysis of the poem A Mien To Move A Queen that begins with:
A Mien to move a Queen—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXaaXXXX XXaXXXX XXXXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,7,6,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 0101010 11001000 1100001 110101 1100100 1111 10010 0101000 01010100 110110 0111 01010 110010 110101 01000 0111000 110111 11010 111000 1101 101100 110010 11000100 111101 1100000
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Mien To Move A Queen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of Before I Got My Eye Put Out
- Analysis of There's A Certain Slant Of Light (258)
- Analysis of An Hour Is A Sea