This is an analysis of the poem Before I Got My Eye Put Out that begins with:
Before I got my eye put out... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aXXX XXaX XXXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,5,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01111111 1111010 11010111 1111010 1001010000 111101 1100011111 1111010 0100000 0100000 11000010 11011111 01111100 010001010 0101010 110001111100 0111110 1100000111 01010100 1101011100 10000010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Before I Got My Eye Put Out;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of There's A Certain Slant Of Light (258)
- Analysis of An Hour Is A Sea
- Analysis of Chartless