This is an analysis of the poem Yndig Er Det Blik, En Pige Skikker that begins with:
Yndig er det Blik, en Pige skikker,
Mandens Blik er yndigt, før han drikker,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaaXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111110 1010101110 10111110 111100111 1101111 01110101 10111111 10110101 101111110 111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 367
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Yndig Er Det Blik, En Pige Skikker;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.