This is an analysis of the poem Sang Om Grundloven that begins with:
Et bredfuldt Bæger er det Tid at løfte
Paa Pagtens Dag, som femte Gang oprandt!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaXaX XXXaXXXX XXXXXXXX bXbaaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101111 110111110 110110011 1101110101 1110101 110111101 1101010111 11101111 111110111 11111100 111011101 1100100101 111110100 1111110101 1001110111 11011111 11111111 1111110110 11111011 1101011100 1101011100 110111010 11010111100 11111011 1111011010 110010011 111011110 1101111111 11101111 110111001 1111111 110001111 10
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 327
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; den, vi are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word vor is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sang Om Grundloven;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.