This is an analysis of the poem Den Elsktes Nærhed that begins with:
Jeg mindes Dig, naar Morgensolen brænder
Paa Havets Bly;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba XXXX XXXX XXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110001 1101 11011101010 111 11111111 111 111110101 1101 1111101010 1101 110110110 1101 11101101110 0011 110111110 1100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du is repeated.
The author used the same word jeg at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Den Elsktes Nærhed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.