This is an analysis of the poem Den Første Bøn that begins with:
Ungersvendens Eed jeg kjender,
Blussende han sværger paa,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXXaXXX XXXXaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001110 10111 11111 111111 111101 1111101 101111 1111111 1111010 1010111 1010110 101111 1110111 1011111 101111 1111111 1111110 11011 1111100 101011 101011 1011101 101111 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 236
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Den Første Bøn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emil Aarestrup
- Analysis of Den Har Du Tabt, Den Kjæde
- Analysis of Den Hellige Alliance
- Analysis of Den Lille Ulykkelige