This is an analysis of the poem Ye Agents that begins with:
These agent men! these agent men!
We hear the dreaded step again,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbc cacbadX cXaabXaXeeXX cXaaXdXcff aaffaabbcc cfcfgagXXa X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,7,12,10,10,10,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 11010101 11010101 11011111 11111111 11011101 110001010 11111 1 010 11110101 11011111 01110111 11110101 11011111 01000101 11011101 110101100 11111101 110100010 01110111 110010101 010100010 010001010 11111111 11111101 110111010 110101010 11010101 11001111 11111101 11111001 111100110 111101110 11010101 01010101 110101010 110101110 01011101 11010101 01011101 01010101 01111111 11010101 10101101 010111010 11111111 0100101010 10110011 1110010010 11111111 010100 1 010 1
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words we, 'but, a are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ye Agents;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.