This is an analysis of the poem What I Have Seen #4 that begins with:
I saw a youth, one of God's favored few,
Crowned with beauty, and talents, and health;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcded fefeghXh bgXgchih jkjkgkik
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101101 101011011 111011111011 001001011 010101110 01101010 0101101001 001011110 1111101011 1111011101 10110101101 111001001 01101101111 01010110 1101101 1010110 1101101001 1011001011 1011001101 11001011001 010101110 1001010 11100101 11101010 1111001111 110111101 001001001001 111001101101 01110101110 1101010 11110101 101010010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 330
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of What I Have Seen #4;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.