This is an analysis of the poem The Yellow-Covered Almanac that begins with:
I left the farm when mother died and changed my place of dwelling
To daughter Susie’s stylish house right on the city street: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaa cdcdee cfcfgg abXbcX heheee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111011111010 01010101110101 111001111101110 11110111110001 111111100010111 11110111010011101 111101011101010 110101011101001 1101101000100110 11010111110101 110101011100011 111010101111101 0101010000100010 11001101110101 1001011001101010 101010101000111 11001101011011 111010101010001 110101110101010 01110100011101 1010101011101010 01110101111111 1010101011101010 11010101110101 110111001110010 110111000100111 111001011101010 111011101111101 11110101110101 11110101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 358
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 59 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, to, my, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, and are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Yellow-Covered Almanac;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.