This is an analysis of the poem The Wheel Of The Breast that begins with:
Through rivers of veins on the nameless quest
The tide of my life goes hurriedly sweeping,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaabccdeXeeffadbaadghhgccbbaXhha
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 33,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100110101 01011110010 101011001101 0101101011 101001110 10101001 0110101111 11110011110 011100111 0111001110 101100101 01011111001 101001001010 1101001110 11100100111 0101011010 11101010010 0010100101 1010100101 101011011010 1110111101 110010110110 1001101110 110101101 0010100111 1101100101 11011001010 101001101110 110100111 00110110101 011100110 1001101010 01001111011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1393
- Average number of words per stanza: 258
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, i, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Wheel Of The Breast;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.