This is an analysis of the poem Only A Simple Rhyme that begins with:
Only a simple rhyme of love and sorrow,
Where 'blisses' rhymed with 'kisses,' 'heart,' with 'dart:'... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X X a b X b X b b b b b c b c a c aXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010101110 1101010101 11001111011 0111010111 01010101110 01010110100 11111110010 0101010101 01000111010 1101010011 11011011010 0101010111 01111101010 1111010101 11010101010 1101010111 11111111010 1111010101 11010100010 0101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 20
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 43
- Average number of words per stanza: 8
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, ', and, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, and are repeated.
The author used the same words i, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Only A Simple Rhyme;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.