This is an analysis of the poem The Summer Girl that begins with:
She's the jauntiest of creatures, she's the daintiest of misses,
With her pretty patent leathers or her alligator ties,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa XbXb cXXX dede fgfg dada Xcbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100101010010 001010101010101 0010101010101010 111010101110101 1010101010100110 01011101011101 1011101010101110 1110101011101001 1110101010101110 101010101110110 1010111010111100 110110100010001 1010101011111010 11011111110101 0101110101011010 01011101011001 1010101011101110 01011101110001 111100000101010 01010101110011 1110111100101010 110100101110101 110111011101010 101010111010101 1010101011101010 110110100010101 110011111111010 111010101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 242
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, she, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words with, she are repeated.
The author used the same words she's, she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Summer Girl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.